Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18, 2014 … Smile !! … It’s our choice!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 169

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go the first video link to hear Kirk Franklin singing a song many of us may need right now, I Smile!, proclaiming something we all can do to honor our God – and that is to SMILE, especially when we remember His loving smile on mankind in bringing Christ to us. … And so, GO TO THIS LINK and hear baby Micah laugh and get a good smile going for today …
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Numbers 6: 25 [NKJV] …  
25 The LORD make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; …
============
Highlight Passage – NLT: Numbers 6: 25 [NLT] … 25 May the LORD smile on you, and be gracious to you; …
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Numbers 6: 22-27 [NKJV] … Go to this link
=============

Reference Passages #1 Lamentations 3: 22-23 … Go to this link   … If you’ve got this one memorized and internalized, we should be smiling right now because our God’s mercies are new every morning!!

Reference Passages #1 John 3: 16 … … You know it, don’t you? … Does it make you smile? … It should!! …

Reference Passages #2 Romans 8: 28 … I hope you know this one – if not, go look it up and believe it; because it’s true!! And if we do really believe it, it should make us all smile!

My Journal for Today: I challenge you to use the links above for the song and the little You Tube piece of a baby laughing; and if you do it, I’d bet you’ll come out smiling – if not laughing. There’s just something about seeing someone else smile or a baby laugh which cause us to have a reaction of joy.

Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional was one of those “Thanks, I needed that!” messages from God. I’ve been a bit overwhelmed by some negative circumstances in my life of late. Perhaps you’re in one of those funky times right now, too. And if we look at the status of the world around us, it’s pretty easy to get in a downer mood, isn’t it? … Well, I hope you can realize that a smile is a choice. We can – RIGHT NOW – choose to frown or to smile. Try the latter. SMILE for me … Common, do it! Smile.

It makes you feel better, doesn’t it?

 Medical research has shown that choosing to voluntarily smile lowers the blood pressure and releases endorphins and serotonin which are natural pain relieving brain chemicals. Go to this link  and read a short article arguing 10 benefits of choosing to smile. And I’m just sitting here right now, choosing to smile; … and I feel better.

Try it.

And I hope you know John 3: 16 by heart … If not, … go find it in your Bible and read it out loud three times while you’re choosing to smile. You feel better now, don’t you? So, what’s all this say to us – as Christians? Well duh!!! If we can’t figure out the message, I’m afraid there’s little hope for our attitude today. As for me, I’m starting out this day with a smile, remembering how much God loves me; and I’m going to do all I can – all day - to smile.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, You give me a smile today. Thanks!!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: