Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17, 2014 … The Lamb Is The Light

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 168

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go the first video link to hear a group a group of children, worshipping God and singing the poignant and pertinent song You Are the Light, proclaiming Christ is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD!!
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Revelation 21: 23 [NKJV] …  
23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Revelation 21: 14-27 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 John 8: 12-36 … Go to this link … He told them WHO He was; but they wouldn’t believe Him …

Reference Passages #2 Matthew 5: 14-16 …  
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread [ODB] reminded me, with conviction I might add, that the Jesus I follow is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD; and He has commanded me (see Matthew 5: 14-16 above) to go out and shine His light into an ever darkening world. And IF the kids in my video song link for today can get that, certainly I ought to be able to get it.

The ODB today took me to the promise and prophesy of Revelation 21 (see above copy and link), with the reality that one day in glory, Jesus will be the Light He promised when he was confronted by the religious leaders (see John 8 linked above); and He told them clearly that He was the Lamb of God as well as being ”light of the world.” But like so many today, living in darkness, the people of Jesus’ day couldn’t see His light shining … even right in front of them.

I was that way a few decades ago, refusing to even try to see that Jesus was, is, and always will be, the light of the world. But PTL, He cast the blindness from my eyes and allowed me to see THE TRUTH, and as He promised in John 8: 32, the light of THE TRUTH (Who is Jesus) set me free. And today – every day here in this quiet place - I seek more of His light, His truth, and His way; and He shines His light for me to see and follow Him. And one day, in Heaven, He will shine that light so brightly that He will light my way into forever.

But, now, … today, … I pray that we do all we can see as much of His light as we can seek and to follow it forward, shining His light for others to see Him, seek Him, and to follow Him into eternity.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, as I pray almost daily, shine Your light so brightly that I can’t help but see it and follow Your path into eternity. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: