Thursday, June 26, 2014

June 26, 2014 … Roadside Assistance

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 177

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this God Tube video link to hear the Maranatha Singers singing Martin Luther’s magnanimous hymn A Mighty Fortress Is Our God, sung at the 1997 Promise Keepers Epic event when close to 3 million men filled the mall in Washington, DC (yours truly among them) to proclaim that God was/is our mighty fortress … then, now, and forevermore.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Psalms 46: 1 [NKJV] …  
6 God is our refuge and strength, … a very present help in trouble.
===============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Psalm 46 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 ... Isaiah 26: 3 [NKJV] …  
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. 

Reference Passages #2 ... Isaiah 41: 10 [NKJV] …  
10 “ … Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, … yes, I will help you, … I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

Reference Passages #3 ... Romans 8: 31 …  
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Reference Passages #4 ... 2 Corinthians 12: 9 …  
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

Reference Passages #5 Philippians 4: 13 …  
13 I can do all things through Christ, Who gives me the strength.

My Journal for Today: Fellow Christian, … if you’re here reading along with me today, perhaps you’d be willing to take the time to use the link below in the Blogger Note to go online and read this morning’s Our Daily Bread devotional where the author, Joe Stowell, tells a delightful true story about an injured hunter in England, who waited along the road for his hunting friends to come back and get him for physical assistance. However, as he waited there on the road, a woman drove by and offered to help to take him to his hotel; and when he got in her vehicle, he realized that it was the Queen of England.

As Stowell points out, … "As shocking as receiving help from the queen of England may be, we have an offer of help that is even more astounding. The Creator-God of the universe descends into our world, sees our trouble, and offers to marshal His resources to help us." And that is the subject matter of the highlight passage today, taken from Psalm 46, which is the Scripture which inspired Martin Luther to pen the poem which became the famous hymn, A Mighty Fortress Is Our God, which is linked by song and scripture above for you to take in and meditate upon today.

And as I read the ODB for today, several other words of encouragement and strength from God’s word bubbled up in my consciousness, all of which I typed out above for your meditation. These are all passages from God’s word that I had memorized years ago; and they have been used by God’s Spirit many times over the years in my life when I felt down or discouraged. I would heartily exhort you to memorize and internalize these passages; and when you are in one of those shadow-of-death valleys in life, you can meditate on these Scriptures; and I guarantee they will do what the Prophet Isaiah wrote about in Isaiah 26: 3 and 41: 10, i.e., to lift you up with God’s righteous right hand and give you peace.

God is our mighty fortress; and He truly is our help in times of trouble. Perhaps you need Him to lift you up today.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, thank You for always being there to pick me up when I need roadside assistance. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: