Thursday, June 12, 2014

June 12, 2014 … He is our blessed assurance

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 163

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go the first video link to hear a worship group singingBlessed Assurance, reminding us to praise our Savior all the day long for the assurance we have in Him as our Rock of salvation …
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Ezra 5: 11 [NKJV] …
  11 And thus they returned us an answer, saying: “We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth, and we are rebuilding the temple that was built many years ago, which a great king of Israel built and completed.
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Ezra 5: 7-17 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

 Reference Passages #1 Matthew 16: 18 [NKJV] …   
18 “…on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 

Reference Passages #2 Hebrews 6: 19-20 [NKJV] … 
  19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, 20 where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread helped me to realize, recognize, and remember that Jesus is the Rock of my salvation; and no matter what happens in my life I can know that He will prevail … just as our Lord promised His chosen ones in the Old Testament (see the Highlight passages) and as Jesus promised His disciples (see Reference passages).

Our Lord is our blessed - and only - assurance. And I don’t have to write a long journal entry here to claim, hold on to, and share this truth with others here.

Our (my) only question for reflection and meditation today is … “DO WE BELIEVE THESE TRUTHS?!!”

My Prayer for Today … Lord, You are my blessed assurance … FOREVER!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: