Friday, June 06, 2014

June 6, 2014 … The JESUS D-Day

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 157

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go this video link to hear my friend Clay Crosse, and his two friends Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Wynans singing I Will Follow Christ, reminding Christians of the ultimate D-Day in life … to follow The Christ or not.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Joshua 24: 14-15 [NKJV] …  
14 “Now therefore, fear the LORD, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the LORD! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
===============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Joshua 24: 2, 13-18 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] … Which path will we follow? …   
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Reference Passages #2 Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] … Our choice; do we follow the Lord … or NOT! 23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. …”

My Journal for Today: Seventy years ago today, as depicted in the attached photo, thousands of men, under the battle planning and orders of the Allied Command in Europe, stormed the beaches of Normandy, France, in an attempt to enter Europe and defeat Hitler and His well entrenched Third Reich. Thousands died that day because of that decision; but they took the beaches and ultimately Europe, defeating the tyranny and evil of Adolf Hitler.

April 13, 1983 was my D-day, .. my “Jesus D-day,” because that was the day I decided to do what my friend Clay Cross and his two friends sing about in the linked song today, I Will Follow Christ. That was the day when, as a broken man, I surrendered my life to Christ as my Lord, as described in Prov. 3: 5-6 and Luke 9: 23. And that really was what Joshua was charging God’s people to do late in His life as, in today’s highlight passage, the leader of God’s people, Joshua, was charging them to make the decision to follow the Lord just as Joshua and his family had decided to do.

When was your Jesus D-day, my friend? When in the course of your life did you decide to storm the well-fortified beachhead the enemy has in this world in the Name of Christ? When did you decide to quit doing life your own way and to surrender to the Lordship of Yeshua HaMashiach [Jesus, The Messiah]?

Because if you really haven’t made that decision – the ultimate Jesus D-day decision – today could be your D-day; and all you have to do – in faith – is to do what Joshua and Jesus have commanded of the followers of God; and that is to surrender your life to Him. And if you have made that decision and you’ve been following self, rather than your Savior, today is the day to do what Joshua commanded God’s people to do and that is do what my friend Clay Crosse sang in the linked song above by saying, I will follow Christ!!

My Prayer for Today … You know, Lord, I follow You today and all days! … Amen

 Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: