Monday, June 09, 2014

June 9, 2014 … Way more!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 160

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go the first video link to hear Phillips, Craig, and Dean singingGreat, Great God, reminding us that in Christ we serve a GREAT, GREAT God; and there is no one like our God!!
 =============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Ephesians 3: 20 [NKJV] …  
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, …
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Ephesians 3: 14-21 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 John 10: 10 [NKJV] …  
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Reference Passages #2 Romans, Chapters 7-8 [NKJV] … Go to this link

My Journal for Today: Every day as I reflect in this journal on my Our Daily Bread, I try to find a visual image and a song to reflect on the subject matter about which I’m writing; and if you’re reading here with me today, I hope you’ve taken the opportunity to reflect, not only on the scriptures to which I was led to meditate but also on the photo and song I’ve provided; because the whole package this morning reminds Christians that we’ve probably given our God the short change.

My friend, our God is WAY BIG!! … Yes, He’s likely WAY BIGGER than we give Him credit for being; and as our highlight passage declares, He has given us WAY MORE than we likely have credited Him.

Often, when God has given me the opportunity to mentor younger, lesser-mature, Christians, I take them to the chapter in Paul’s letter to the Romans, written from a prison, where the Apostle wrote the greatest victory chapter in all of His epistles, … i.e., Romans 8. And you’ve probably read and reflected on the glory which exudes from this declaration of the greatness of our God which we have in our relationship with the risen Savior. However, just before that glorious chapter, in Romans, Chapter 7, the Apostle Paul writes about how defeated he was in his own humanity; and he reflects on how down any of us can be when we go inward into our selves rather than – as Paul did in Romans 8 - we surrender to the “WAY BIG” God Who has saved us and given us a life with Him in eternity.

The question today, as is the question everyday, is … are we going to choose to live in Romans 7 or will we choose to live in the truth of Romans 8? And … are we going to recognize the truth of our highlight passage of Ephesian 3: 20 or the reference passage of John 10: 10b, both copied above?

I’ll leave you to ponder that one, as I have asked myself today; because the answer will yield a life surrendered to either SELF or the SAVIOR; and it will produce either the abundant life … or an awful one.

We choose!!

My Prayer for Today … I choose You, Lord. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: