Wednesday, June 04, 2014

June 4, 2014 … Jesus - Our “Room and Board”

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 155

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go this video link to hear the group Hillsong singing the poignant song of surrender to Christ Jesus, You’re All I Need, reminding all who’ve surrendered to Christ’s Lordship, that He’s all we need in this life and the eternal next.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: John 14: 2 [NKJV] …  
2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: John 14: 1-11 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 John 6: 35 [NKJV] …  
35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. … “

Reference Passages #2 John 14: 21, 23 [NKJV] …  
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him. … 
23 If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.”

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread shows all its readers that Jesus is OUR DAILY BREAD (and more). The devotional uses a description of the old English term, ”Room and Board” to show us that. as Hillsong sings in the linked song above, Jesus Is All I Need or anyone needs for that matter. In essence. He is our physical, emotional, and spiritual everything – our eternal “ROOM & BOARD.”

And that’s what Jesus was trying to get across to His twelve disciples in that upper room just hours before He would be leaving them and going to the cross to give His all for them and for mankind. In that Upper Room Discourse (see John, Chapters 13-17), Jesus was trying to quiet the fears of His Disciples by showing them that He was their sustenance (i.e., their bread of life) and that He was going to prepare a place for any/all who would believe in His Kingship [see the passages from John 14]. He was trying to give them the truth of His “sufficiency,” that concept, defined in the attached photo.

The question for any who’re reading with me in this journal entry is, Do we see Christ as our eternally sufficient “Room and Board?” Because if we don’t believe that, … we’re going to be continually trying to live life under our own sufficiency; and I think most have learned – as have I – that we, in our humanity, are not sufficient to deal with Satan, his world, and our own deceit-ridden flesh.

No, Christ is my eternally sufficient “room and board;” and in Him I will rest my hope and eternal future.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, You feed me and in You I long for my eternal home. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: