Saturday, May 14, 2016

May 14, 2016: Doing The Lord’s Business

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 135  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of the group Hillsong leading in worship singing Jesus, You’re All I Need, powerfully declaring reality of following Jesus as His disciple … He’s all we need … AND FROM THIS LINK we hear Steve Green singing, People Need the Lord.

 
Highlight Passage:  John 4:34 [NKJV] …  
34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. 
… Jesus was set on a path to do His Father’s will; … and if it’s good enough for Jesus, it’s good for me too.
===========
Highlight Context – John 4:1-42 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus, encountering the Samaritan woman at the well shows his method of ministry, … living life and follow the ways of His Heavenly Father.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] …  
5 Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding; … 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. 
… But do we REALLY trust Him?

Reference Passage #2 - Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] …  
23 Then He said to them all [His followers], “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. … “ 
… The question is … do we REALLY desire to follow our Lord … as our LORD?

Reference Passage #3 - John 14:21 [NKJV] …  
21 “ … He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself in Him. 
… But do we really love Him?

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, David Roper, reflected in today’s entry on Jesus at the well with the Samaritan Women from John, Chapter 4 [see link above]. And Roper writes: Now I ask you: What work had Jesus been doing? He’d been resting and waiting by the well. I find great encouragement in this story for I am living with physical limitations. This passage tells me that I do not have to scurry about—worrying myself about doing the will of my Father and getting His work done. In this season of life, I can rest and wait for Him to bring His work to me. … Similarly, your tiny apartment, your work cubicle, your prison cell, or your hospital bed can become a “Jacob’s well,” a place to rest and to wait for your Father to bring His work to you. I wonder who He’ll bring to you today? 

The Jesus model of doing God’s business has always been the model I rely on in personal discipleship and ministry. My wife and I have been called to reach out and help those who’re dealing with the outflow and hurt from habitual sexual sin. And to carry out this calling, we simply live our lives by following our Lord [Prov. 3:5-6 and Luke 9:23], making ourselves available (through promotion in our church, online, and personally - see John 14:21), and then we take care of those He sends us as best we can.

Today after you’ve taken in the linked songs above, and the challenge of God’s truth from His word, … God may send someone your way who needs His living waters and the food of His word. Watch for them and give them Jesus.

He’s all they will need.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … My Lord, … Today I pray that we follow You and share You with all who need You. Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: