Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016: Good God! … Really?!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 137

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing I Choose to Believe, powerfully declaring the faith and hope in an ALWAYS good God.


Highlight Passage:  Genesis 3: 1 [NKJV] …
1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” 
 … Do we trust Him … ALL THE TIME?!
===========
Highlight Context – Genesis 3:1-8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Satan’s ploy to have God’s beloved doubt Him.
============   

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] …
5 Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding; … 6 in ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. 
… But do we REALLY trust Him?

Reference Passage #2 - Romans 8: 28 [NKJV] …
28 And we know that ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God and are the called according to HIS purpose. 
… ALL THINGS? … Really?!!

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, told a personal story to illustrate her teaching today. . She wrote: “I don’t think God is good,” my friend told me. She had been praying for years about some difficult issues, but nothing had improved. Her anger and bitterness over God’s silence grew. Knowing her well, I sensed that deep down she believed God is good, but the continual pain in her heart and God’s seeming lack of interest caused her to doubt. It was easier for her to get angry than to bear the sadness. 

And certainly, according to the ODB Author, Cetas, such a dilemma is not new for Christians, is it? It goes all the way back to the Garden of Eden, where (as one reads above in Genesis 3) Satan confronted Eve with the ploy to get her to doubt God’s goodness and veracity just enough for her to partake of the forbidden fruit.

I think everyone reading here has probably had some set of life circumstances which has caused us to doubt God or be angry with our God. Can I get an “Amen” witness? … But prayerfully we can come to a place in our discipleship where - no matter the circumstances or confrontation with life - we can believe in the truth of the Scriptures above in order to trust God and follow His will, giving Him the glory as we believe and are obedient in our walk with our God.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … My Lord, … Just like I wrote yesterday, … Even if I walk through a minefield today, I fear not, because You are a good God; and I follow You.  Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: