Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30, 2016: All Clean!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 151  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing This Is How It Feels To Be Free, declaring the reality that all who are in Christ can feel free and be cleansed of our sin.


Highlight Passage:  Psalm 51:17 [NKJV] …  
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart - these, O God, You will not despise. 
… David experiencing the freedom which comes from a cleansed and contrite heart.
===========
Highlight Context – Psalm 51 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  
… With this prayer/song, David was cleansed of his sin with Bathsheba, … the feeling of freedom that all Saints can experience in Christ.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Psalm 32:5 [NKJV] …  
5 I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” … and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. 
… King David’s witness of the benefits of having confessed and extolling the forgiveness of God.

Reference Passage #2 - 1st John 1:8-9 [NKJV] …  
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
 … Confession brings cleansing from our sin.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Schuldt, told of a friend visiting a church while on vacation, She wrote, … During my friend Myrna’s travels to another country, she visited a church for worship. She noticed that as people entered the sanctuary they immediately knelt and prayed, facing away from the front of the church. My friend learned that people in that church confessed their sin to God before they began the worship service. 

In this writer’s estimation, that true story seems like a good religious practice. It’s hard - if not impossible - to praise God and/or worship our Lord when there is unresolved/unconfessed sin in our hearts. Certainly King David discovered that during the year he covered up his sin with Bathsheba; and it was not until he came clean - COMPLETELY, as we read in Psalm 51 and then witnessed to others openly about his sin (see Psalm 32) that David was cleansed by God and allowed to walk in freedom from his forgiven sin.

I’m hoping that all who read here with me are in a place where we all can praise our Lord with cleansed and contrite hearts. So, let’s just stop right here and walk into God’s shower of confession and get clean. And then, dear one, … let’s all fly free in the promise of 1st John 1:9 and praise or Lord with clean hearts.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … I come to this place with a clean heart to praise Your Holy Name, dear Lord! Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: