Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016: My Redeemer Lives!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 144  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Nicole C Mullen singing her song My Redeemer Lives, declaring her deep gratitude and love for The Redeemer of her sinful life.


Highlight Passage:  Ruth 2: 10 [NKJV] …  
10 So she fell on her face, bowed down to the ground, and said to him [Boaz], “Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?” 
 … Ruth knew her status was not worthy of the grace shared by Boaz; and her attitude of gratitude was shared openly and honestly with her benefactor.
===========
Highlight Context – Ruth 2:1-13 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Ruth was so grateful for the gracious treatment of Boaz.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Psalms 91:3-4 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… The Psalmist’s attitude of gratitude for The Lord, our Redeemer and Deliverer

Reference Passage #2 - Romans 5: 8 [NKJV] …  
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 
… We are so undeserving of His love … yet He has granted to us His redeeming love - FOREVER.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Keila Ochoa, used the highlight story of Ruth’s grateful attitude to her “kinsman redeemer,” Boaz to illustrate what should be our gratefulness to our God. In today’s ODB entry, Ochoa writes: Ruth was a foreigner. She was a widow. She was poor. In many parts of the world today she would be considered a nobody—someone whose future doesn’t hold any hope. However, Ruth found favor in the eyes of a relative of her deceased husband, a rich man and the owner of the fields where she chose to ask for permission to glean grain. In response to his kindness, Ruth asked, “What have I done to deserve such kindness? . . . I am only a foreigner” (Ruth 2:10). 

And given our evil hearts (see Jer. 17:9) and sinful nature (see Rom. 3:23), should not Ruth’s attitude toward her kinsman redeemer be mirrored in ours toward our Redeemer and Lord, … the One Who was willing to (and did) die as the Lamb of God for the atonement of our sin.

 If you’ve taken in the song, linked above, and today’s ODB story, … as well as my added reference passages above, … I pray that we all share Ruth’s attitude of gratitude for what our Redeemer, Jesus, did - though we didn’t deserve His favor - to take away our sins. Can I get a witness of gratitude here as you read this, joining me in a hardy PRAISE THE LORD?!!!

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … I am overwhelmed with gratefulness for Your redeeming love. Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: