Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15, 2016: Our Personal Locator

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 136  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of tMia Fieldes singing Fearless, powerfully declaring the reality of our God Who ALWAYS goes with the believer; … and that is ME!! I’m surrounded by my God’s presence.


Highlight Passage:  Psalm 139:7 [NKJV] …  
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? … or where can I flee from Your presence? 
… NOWHERE!!!
===========
Highlight Context – Psalm 139:1-18 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… The reality of God’s presence
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] …  
5 Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding; … 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. 
… But do we REALLY trust Him?

Reference Passage #2 - 2nd Timothy 1:7 [NKJV] …  
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 
… We can be fearless … as Mia Fieldes sings above.

Reference Passage #3 - Hebrews 13:5-6 [NKJV] …  
5 For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you” [From Joshua 1:5] … 6 So we may boldly say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” [From Ps. 118:6] 
… The question is … does this true blunt our fears?

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, David C McCasland, reflected in today’s entry on an illustrative story about a CBS Anchor. . He writes: Veteran news reporter Scott Pelley never goes on assignment without his travel essentials—a shortwave radio, camera, indestructible suitcase, laptop computer, phone, and an emergency locator beacon [see attached photo] that works anywhere. “You extend the antenna, push two buttons, and it sends a signal to a satellite connected to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration," Pelley says. “It tells them who and where I am. Depending on what country you’re in, they’ll either send a rescue team—or not” (AARP The Magazine). Pelley has never needed to use the beacon, but he never travels without it. 

Well, I’m not here to question Scott Pelley’s belief system; but personally, I don’t need to be afraid of where I am or what might happen to me. I’ve got something far more powerful watching over me; and if you’ve take in the linked song above and the Scriptures, I can sense true believers giving me a strong “AMEN” witness already.

 But the question for us Christians is … Do we really believe those truths above? Because if we do, … today, … no matter where we go or what we do, we KNOW, that we know that we know … that our God is with us; and as it quotes from the OT in Hebrews 13:5, our Lord will NEVER leave us, nor forsake us. Hence, … we never need be fearful in our life … today or tomorrow.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … My Lord, … Even if I walk through a minefield today, I fear not, because I follow You. Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: