Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13, 2016: Tongue Lashing

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 165  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of the group Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing, … Let My Words Be Few, expressing the need of all Christians … to listen more (to God) and speak less from our Jeremiah 17:9 hearts.


Highlight Passage:  Psalm 141:3 [NKJV] …  
12 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. 
… In rebuilding God’s Temple, some cried in remembrance of the old Temple; but others shouted for joy at the rebuilding of the new structure to honor God.
===========
Highlight Context – Psalm 141 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… David’s song warning the wicked.
============      

Reference Passage #1 … Proverbs 17:28 [NKJV] …  
28 Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; … when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive. 
… Solomon’s advice about using our words.

Reference Passage #2 … Ephesians 4:29 [NKJV] …  
29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 
… Paul’s exhortation as to our speech.

Reference Passage #3 … James 3:8 [NKJV] …  
8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 
… WARNING about the tongue!!!

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, gave me a good “tongue lashing” in her devotional entry today, … which occasionally I need, being the wordy sort I am.

I don’t know about you, fellow Christian; … but I’m one who has a tendency to let my tongue, or these days - my keyboard online, go a bit wild and show off my Jeremiah 17:9 heart [look that one up!]. I can sort of be like the Apostle Peter, who often let his “foot-in-mouth” disorder trip him up. … Me too, I’m afraid!! … And so it’s good for me to get an effective “tongue lashing” occasionally (see attached photo) to remind me to reign in my words and do what the song, linked above, teaches - to “Let My Words Be Few.”

So, I’ll try to exercise this truth; and reign in my keyboard here today, … simply encouraging you to use the link below and read the ODB entry and to take in God’s word on the matter above. And then, let’s all beware of the power of our words today to bless or curse others.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … as the song sings, Lord, I do need to let my words be few … to show how much I love You and others.    Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: