Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 29, 2016: Transformed Living

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 181

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of friends, Clay Crosse, Bebe Wynans, and Bob Carlisle singing … I Will Follow Christ, powerfully declaring what all Christians should proclaim … that we will live lives which follow Christ and declare His glory.


Highlight Passage:  Ephesians 2:10 [NKJV] …
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. 
…Saved to live a new life in Christ.
===========
Highlight Context – Ephesians 2:1-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Paul exhorts Christians to live the transformed life Christ gives us to live for Him.
===========     

Reference Passage #1 … 1st Corinthians 6:9-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… A complete make-over in Christ produces a new Christian.

Reference Passage #2 … Ephesians 4:1 [NKJV] …
  1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, … 
… Living a life worthy of our calling as “Christians.”

Reference Passage #3 … Philippians 1:6 [NKJV] …
6 …  being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; … 
… Once one is converted in Christ the make-over begins and will be completed in glory.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, David McCasland, taught today about living the Christian life as a disciples of our Lord. He wrote: I was struck by a phrase I heard quoted from a contemporary Bible translation. When I Googled the phrase “our way of life” to locate the passage, many of the results focused on things people felt were threatening their expected way of living. Prominent among the perceived threats were climate change, terrorism, and government policies. What really is our way of life as followers of Jesus? I wondered. Is it what makes us comfortable, secure, and happy, or is it something more? 

Well if you go back (USE THIS LINK) and read my devotional blog from yesterday, you’ll see that we’re being reshaped in this life into the image of Christ … to live a life IN and FOR Him; and when we do, issues like terrorism, discomfort, and tribulation take on a whole new meaning, don’t they?

 I won’t write much today; but this ODB entry helped me to realize that whatever comes my way today is part of the Romans 8:28 life my Lord has for me to live out … for my good and His glory.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … use me today, Lord to be a vessel of Your purpose.    Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: