Thursday, June 02, 2016

June 2, 2016: Help Us, Lord!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 154

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Bebo Norman singing I Will Lift My Eyes, prayerfully crying out to God in a time of need, as we all do when we have trouble knowing what to pray.


Highlight Passage:  Hebrews 4:16 [NKJV] …
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 
… Oh … the confidence to come our God when we are in need.
===========
Highlight Context – Hebrews 4:14-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… We have a great High Priest in Heaven to Whom we can come when we are in need. 
============     

Reference Passage #1 - Psalm 56:3, 116:2, 123:1 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
 … Psalmists who knew to Whom we can turn in need; … a God who will hear us and heed our needs.

Reference Passage #2 - Isaiah 41:10 [NKJV] …
10 Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, … I will help you; … I will lift you up with my righteous right hand. 
… This is the One to Whom we pray in times of need.

Reference Passage #3 - Romans 8:26-27 [NKJV] …
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 
 … Even when we don’t know what to pray, we have a paraclete in Heaven Who does and will pray for/with us.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Poh Fang Chia, related a personal story to picture his teaching today. . He wrote: I was so happy for my friend when she told me she was going to be a mum! Together we counted the days until the birth. But when the baby suffered a brain injury during delivery, my heart broke and I didn’t know how to pray. All I knew was Whom I should pray to — my God. … He is our Father, and He hears us when we call. 

Somehow I sense that we’ve all “been there, done that, and have that T-shirt;” don’t we? Maybe not exactly the same scenario; but some time when there was a desperate need; and we may not have even known exactly what or how to pray. But we knew, as Christians, to Whom we could go; … the One Who not only would hear us (see the Psalms above), but the One Who would/could even pray to God, the Father, for us … to lift us up in our time of need (see Is. 41:10 and Romans 8:26-27 above).

Maybe you’re right there right not. If so, let’s pray …

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … My Lord, … There may be some here with me today, who need you in a time of need; and we come to You, … knowing that You not only listen; but Your are there to lift us up.        Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: