Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016: My Anchor Holds

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 179  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Ray Boltz singing … The Anchor Holds, poignantly declaring the truth that our faith, when anchored to God’s truth, will always hold.

 
Highlight Passage:  Hebrews 2:1 [NKJV] …    
4:1 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. …
… We must anchor our faith to the Rock of Truth, Who is Christ!
===========
Highlight Context – Hebrews 2:1-4; 6:19-20 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK   … Our lives will not drift in the darkness or the storms of life, … IF … we affix our anchor of faith to the Rock of Christ.
===========      

Reference Passage #1 … Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] …   23 Then He said to them all (His followers), … “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross DAILY, and follow Me.” … Staying true DAILY with our faith affixed to and following Jesus.

Reference Passage #2 … John 14:21 [NKJV] …  
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him. 
… Jesus, our Rock, on how He manifests Himself to the faithful.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Lawrence Darmani, reflected on seeing a boat in a harbor drifting out to sea because it was not properly anchored in the harbor. The ODB author then offered this observation for his readers (me): Drifting in our relationship with God is hardly noticeable at first; it happens gradually. However, spending time talking with Him in prayer and reading His Word, confessing our wrongs to Him, and interacting with other followers of Jesus can help us stay anchored in Him. As we connect with the Lord regularly, He will be faithful to sustain us, and we can avoid drifting away. 

Long ago, with the help of a mentor, I learned that it’s easy for me to pull up the anchor of my faith into into selfish pursuits and drift out into the storms of life. So, I learned to discipline myself to start each day, setting my anchor deeply into the Rock of my faith and affixing it to God’s truth. That’s why you find me coming here DAILY and and setting my anchor of faith strongly into God’s truth (see attached photo).

I pray we all avoid drifting out into the storms of life by setting our anchor of faith into the Strong Rock, Who is our Savior and Lord. It takes a Decision - Daily - and then the Discipline and Determination to set our anchor of faith in God’s Rock of Truth.

And I’m here - AGAIN TODAY - to do just that.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … Lord, You are my Rock; and I come here daily to set my anchor of faith strongly in Your truth.    Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: