Friday, June 03, 2016

June 3, 2016: His Strength Is Perfect

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 155


Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Steven Curtis Chapman singing his lyrics, … His Strength Is Perfect, prayerfully declaring the strength that only god can supply in our times of weakness.






Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 40:31 [NKJV] … 
31 For those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; … they shall mount up with wings like eagles, … they shall run and not be weary, … they shall walk and not faint. 
… Wow; … there are sure times where I can use that strength. … How about you?
===========
Highlight Context – Isaiah 40:27-31 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… God’s prophet gives God’s promise of strength when we are weak.
============     

Reference Passage #1 - John 16:33 [NKJV] …
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” 
 …Christ is our overcomer … when we need Him to be.

Reference Passage #2 - Philippians 4:13 [NKJV] …
13 I can do all things through Christ, Who gives me the (HIS) strength. 
… And He has … so, so many times!!!

Reference Passage #3 - 1st Peter 5: 7 [NKJV] …
7 … casting all your care on Him for He cares for you. 
… When we’re weary and burdened, there’s where to go with our cares.



  My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, David McCasland, related a personal story to picture his teaching today. . He wrote: On a beautiful, sunny day, I was walking in a park and feeling very weary in spirit. It wasn’t just one thing weighing me down—it seemed to be everything. When I stopped to sit on a bench [see attached photo], I noticed a small plaque placed there in loving memory of a “devoted husband, father, brother, and friend.” Also on the plaque were [the words from Isa. 40:31 - see above.” 



I think all here can identify and empathize with some time [or times] in our life when we were seriously depleted of strength - down-and-out weary. And that’s where God’s people were when Isaiah tried to give them a pep talk in Isaiah 40 - see linked above. And there are times, when we simply need to have faith that God can give us the strength to overcome our weakness or trials (see John 16:33, Phil. 4:13, and 1st Peter 5: 7).



So often (at least in my case), we have a tendency to think that we have to be ones to carry our load when we’re just too weakened to do so. Maybe you’re there right now. Well, let’s rely on THE ONE Who has the strength to cover our weakness (as Steven Curtis Chapman sings).



My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … It’s a load today; and I need Your help. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: