Saturday, June 04, 2016

June 4, 2016: My “Why” For His Glory

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 156

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Steve Green singing, … Find Us Faithful, prayerfully singing of our attempts as Christians to honor our Lord by the faithfulness of our service to Him.


Highlight Passage:  1st Peter 4:10 [NKJV] …
10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 
… Peter’s fervent prayer that he and his fellow Christians will glorify God through their purpose in life.
===========
Highlight Context –1st Peter 4:7-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Peter’s exhortation to fellow Christian to find their purpose in working to glorify our God. 
============     

Reference Passage #1 - Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] …
23 Then He said to them all, … “If anyone is to come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me.” 
…Christ on the essence of being His disciple.

Reference Passage #2 - Ephesians 2:10 [NKJV] …
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. 
… Using what God has given us, by His grace, for His glory.

Reference Passage #3 - Colossians 3: 23-24 [NKJV] …
23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. 
 … Whatever we do, we are to do it for the Lord.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Cindy Hess Kasper, related a personal story to picture her teaching today. . She wrote: On a hot day in western Texas, my niece Vania saw a woman standing by a stoplight and holding up a sign. As she drove closer, she tried to read what the sign said, assuming it was a request for food or money. Instead, she was surprised to see these three words:  “You Have Purpose” 

And when I took in Cindy Kasper’s teaching today and I found the attached photo to illustrate her thoughts, … as well as the song by Steve Green [linked above], I came to realize that even what I’m doing right now, typing my Spirit-driven thoughts today, are attempts to exercise the gifts/talents God has given me to serve Him for His glory.

So, when you have taken in all of what is above, and maybe you’ve gone back to read the ODB devotional for today (by using the link below), I hope you are inspired, as was I, to go out and use your WHY for God’s glory today.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … You gave me these gifts and talents and abilities; … may I use them today for You. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: