Tuesday, January 17, 2017

January 17, 2017 ... He Lives In Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 17 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Dolly Parton singing her song … He’s Alive … powerfully singing the reality of God Christ’s resurrection to live in the hearts of all who receive His finished work on the cross in faith and allow Him to live in our hearts forever.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 14:19-20 [NKJV] … 
19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 
… And that day is now in the hearts of all who believe in Jesus as THE CHRIST and Lord of our lives.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 14:1-21 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus teaching His Disciples what would come after His resurrection and who He would become to them.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … John, Chapters 20-21 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Sometimes our greatest blessings are when we discover God is with us all along when we come through the valley of the shadow of death (see photo).

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Romans 10:8-13 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… And Jesus will live forever in the hearts of all who believe on Him as LORD.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Poh Fang Chia, used the story of a young, lost soul to illustrate Jesus coming alive in one who comes to believe in Jesus as The Christ. The OBD author wrote: The words of Ravi’s father cut deep. “You’re a complete failure. You’re an embarrassment to the family.” … These thoughts haunted him, but he talked to no one. … 
So Ravi struggled alone. Then while he was recovering in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt, a visitor brought him a Bible opened to John 14. His mother read these words of Jesus to Ravi: “Because I live, you also will live” (v. 19). This may be my only hope, he thought. A new way of living. Life as defined by the Author of life. So he prayed, “Jesus, if You are the one who gives life as it is meant to be, I want it.” 

Like this young man, I once was lost in my sin and self condemnation, then one day Jesus showed Himself to be real and overcame my doubts. He came alive for me. Well, maybe not the same way He did for some of his inner followers in John 20-21. However, as Dolly Parton sings in her song linked above, I discovered, over 30 years ago, that Jesus is The Christ, and HE LIVES IN ME. And all I had to do to experience King Jesus living in my heart was to express the faith Paul wrote about to us in Rom. 10:8-13. And when we do, He will live in our hearts forever.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, … I pray that all who read here today know you as King Jesus, … The Christ, … and they are experiencing Your living love every day of their lives as do I. ... Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: