Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 28, 2017 ... God’s Love is ALWAYS!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 28 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Sidewalk Prophets singing … You Love Me Anyway … poignantly expressing the reality of a God Who loves me … NO MATTER WHAT!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 9:35, 37 [NLT] … 
35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? … 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. 
… Do we really get it … God loves us NO MATTER WHAT!
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 8:31-39 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul strongly declares that God’s love depends on NOTHING. It’s just Who He is! 
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … John 3:16 [NLT] … 
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. …” 
… I expect you know this … but really? … DO WE?!

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … 1st John 4:9-10, 15-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… If we are in Christ, God loves is in us … FOREVER … NO MATTER WHAT!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Randy Kilgore, emphasizes a truth that I believe many lost people often miss and some Christians forget. The OBD author wrote today: Oh, it’s true that God wants us to work to feed our families and to responsibly take care of the world He created. And He expects us to serve the weak, hungry, naked, thirsty, and broken people around us even as we remain alert to those who have not yet responded to the Holy Spirit's tug on their lives. … And yet we serve a God who loves us more than our work. 

Often our work is in outflow of our love and service to the God who first loved us enough to send His son to atone for our sinfulness. But if we’re truly born again - in Christ - NOTHING we do - or not do - can, as Paul wrote “separate us from the love of God.”

Recently, I trapped my self - with my pride - into thinking that certain things I was doing for my church were indispensable to God’s kingdom; but I almost burned out to a frizzle in doing so much good stuff that I was forgetting the most important stuff … i.e., what He’s called me to do.

So, my friends, after you taken in the photo and song for today and you’ve meditated on the truths provided by God’s word, let’s all ask ourselves, … Am I letting my pride lead me to forget what Randy Kilgore strongly writes today … that … We serve a God who loves us more than our work. AND … The reason we exist is to be in fellowship with God. 

And so, … let me pray Randy Kilgore’s OBD prayer today …

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … “help us never lose sight of the unconditional love You have for us, and let us hold on to that hope when our labor—and the fruit of our labor—are gone”. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: