Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017 ... All I Need

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 23 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Hillsong leading in worship and singing … Jesus, You Are All I Need … poignantly expressing the truth in worship that our Holy King Jesus is all we need to supply our needs in this life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Mark 6:7-9 [NKJV] … 
7 And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits. 8 He commanded them to take nothing for the journey except a staff—no bag, no bread, no copper in their money belts— 9 but to wear sandals, and not to put on two tunics. 
… The Twelve learn to depend on Jesus for their needs.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Mark 6:7-12 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus tests the faith of His 12 Disciples.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Solomon wrote of complete trust in God to show us His way and give us all we need to follow Him.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … 2nd Corinthians 9:8, 12:9 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul exhorts Christians to trust God for all our needs.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Philippians 4:19 [NKJV] … 
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 
… True … but so tough to believe and live out when we’re tested by our human desires.

Reference Passage #4 [NKJV] : … 2nd Peter 1:2-4 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Peter shows us the extent of God’s grace in supplying all our needs.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Poh Fang Chia, writes from the heart of his experience in teaching about trusting God for all our needs. The OBD author wrote: Imagine going on a trip without luggage. No basic necessities. No change of clothing. No money or credit cards. Sounds both unwise and terrifying, doesn’t it? 
But that’s exactly what Jesus told His twelve disciples to do when He sent them out on their first mission to preach and heal. “Take nothing for the journey except a staff,” said Jesus. “No bread, no bag, no money in your belts. Wear sandals but not an extra shirt” (Mark 6:8–9). … 
Yet later on when Jesus was preparing them for their work after He was gone, He told His disciples, “If you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one” (Luke 22:36). 
So, what’s the point here? It’s about trusting God to supply [all we need]. 

You’ve no doubt heard the old saying, “I couldn’t see the forest for the trees,” expressing our blindness to obvious truth in the midst of our human misperceptions. Well, … often, I’m afraid I can’t see the forest of God’s providence because of viewing only the trees of my desires.

Going thru today’s OBD and being led to the YouTube song (linked above), Hudson Taylor’s profound quote (see photo) rang loudly, with truth, for me. I needed to be reminded that when I’m truly pursuing God’s will, He will supply, with His grace, all I need. However, so often, I have trouble trusting my God to show me the way and give me all I need because I’m pursuing my desires rather than His will.

Enough said, right?!!

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Help me to see Your way and trust You to provide me with all I need. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: