Friday, January 20, 2017

January 20, 2017 ... Breathe On Me, God

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 20 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Hillsong singing … Breathe On Me, Breath of God … poignantly singing the prayer that God’s Spirit breathes on and in me as a child of God. … And ON TO THIS LINK  to hear the Heritage Singers powerfully praying in song that God breathes on a faithful believer in Christ to provide the life needed to be transformed and empowered to serve our Lord.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Genesis 2:7 [NKJV] … 
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. 
… God brings life to mankind, breathing life into him (us).
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Genesis 2:4-8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God forms man from the clay of the earth and breathes the breath of life into him (mankind). 
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Job 27:2-3 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… As long as breath was in him (i.e. the life of faith), because of his faith in God, Job recognized that God’s Spirit was in him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, used a personal story to illustrate how we, as Christians, have Gods’ breath of life in us when we have and hold onto the faith our Lord gives us. The OBD author wrote: On a cold and frosty morning, as my daughter and I walked to school, we enjoyed seeing our breath turn to vapor. We giggled at the various steamy clouds we could each produce. I received the moment as a gift, reveling in being with her and being alive. Our breath, which is usually invisible, was seen in the cold air, and it made me think about the Source of our breath and life—the Lord our Creator. For He who formed Adam out of the dust of the ground, giving him the breath of life, also gives life to us and to every living creature (Gen. 2:7). All things come from Him—even our very breath, which we inhale without even thinking about. 

We take so much of our life as Christians for granted, don’t we? … Fellow Christian, follow and do what I write here. … Take in a deep breath; and let it out in a deep sigh. Do you recognize that you have that breath of life because of God’s favor? … THANK HIM!! …

And take a moment in your time with God here to listen - even if it’s a quiet time. What do you hear? I hear the furnace running; … but little else; and I need to praise God that I can hear anything at all. …

And I can feel my fingers typing on the keyboard as I type this journal entry; so, I’m stopping to thank God that He gives me my sense of touch. Are you getting where I’m going with this inspiration today? …

We may have a lot of tough stuff going on in our lives. We may even feel oppressed or depressed. But in Christ we should be thanking God everyday for even the breath we breathe … in and out … in and out … in and out. As Hillsong and the Heritage Singers sing (linked above), I will pray along with their songs.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, … Breathe on me, breath of God, … fill me wilt life anew … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: