Sunday, January 08, 2017

January 8, 2017 ... Giving It Up To Him

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 8 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Dennis Jernigan and Natalie Grant singing one of his songs … You Are My All In All … declaring a humble truth which all too often we don’t live by letting pride get in our way.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 11:28 [NKJV] … 
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
… Pretty good offer, wouldn’t you say?  … Then why don’t we take Him up on it?
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 11:25-30 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus offers His all for our all.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : …Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …
...  God’s way … but too often I let MY WAY get in HIS WAY.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] …
23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. 
… It’s the “deny yourself” part that gets me messed up way too often.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … 1st Peter 5:7 [NKJV] …
7 … casting ALL your cares on HIM, because He cares for you. 
… But do I really believe it … and then live it?

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lawrence Darmani, used a very human story to illustrate his teaching today. However my mind took me to another analogy from a TV Character with whom I identify a lot.

My wife and I often watch the NBC cop drama, Blue Bloods, and the Danny Reagan character (see photo) all too often gets tripped up in life because of his impetuous pride and unwillingness to seek help from others; … and most especially help from God.

Well, … as I said, I can identify with Danny because all too often, like his character, I let the me in me get in the way of the HE in me. I let MY way get in the way of HIS way, when all I would have to do, is give up my burdens and let Him take my cares on His way big shoulders.

So once you’ve taken in the song/scriptures linked/copied above, maybe you’ll join me with a heart-felt desire to use a strategy that Danny Reagan has so much trouble adopting, … humbly seeking God’s way and let Him shoulder much of life’s burdens.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … I know it’s a risky prayer, Lord, because of what You might have to do to make it happen; … but help me to be humble and to receive Your enabling grace. ... Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: