Friday, January 06, 2017

January 6, 2017 ... Worship the King!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 6 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Hillsong leading in worship and singing … Here I Am To Worship … poignantly declaring our need, as Christians, to be continually in a state of worship of our King, Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 2:1-2 [NKJV] … 
1 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, 2 saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.” 
… The wise men simply wanted to worship the prophesied King, which should be our attitude 24/7 daily.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 2:1-12 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Later, when Jesus was likely an infant, the Magi sought after the one prophesied to be the King of the Jews. They wanted to worship this King.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Psalm 95:6 [NKJV] … 
6  Oh come, let us worship and bow down. … Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. 
… This should be our posture and attitude EVERY DAY … 24/7!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, used the biblical story of the Magi in the Matthew 2 Advent account to illustrate our need, as Christ's disciple to be in a 24/7 state of worship of our King, Jesus. The ODB author wrote: Many manger scenes depict the wise men, or magi, visiting Jesus in Bethlehem at the same time as the shepherds. But according to the gospel of Matthew, the only place in Scripture where their story is found, the magi showed up later. Jesus was no longer in the manger in a stable at the inn, but in a house. Matthew 2:11 tells us, “On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.” 
Realizing that the magi’s visit happened later than we may think provides a helpful reminder as we begin a new year. Jesus is always worthy of worship. When the holidays are past and we head back to life’s everyday routines, we still have Someone to celebrate. 

My dear one, … it’s a new year; and we’ve just gone thru the Advent season, … where we celebrated the coming of King Jesus into our world and lives. And our ODB author today helps us [well, at least me] realize that we need to be going into the new year - and everyday - with an attitude that is sung by Hillsong in the song linked above … ”Here I Am To Worship!”

So, let’s ask ourselves a few questions today: …
… Is my life in surrender to King Jesus; or am I living to worship myself or the idols of this world?
… Do I start every day with a time of worship to the King?!
… How does my life display an attitude of worship which calls others to worship King Jesus?

I’ll leave it to you to answer those ??? for yourself. Personally, I needed to do a heart check-up today of my 24/7 worship of Yeshua Hamashia, … my LORD, … my Savior, … my King!

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Here I am to worship You, my Lord, as King. ... Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: