Saturday, January 07, 2017

January 7, 2017 ... Our Provider

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 7 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Don Moen leading in worship and singing … Jehovah Jireh … joyfully declaring that our God will provide all our needs according to His riches in glory.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 6:11 [NKJV] … 
11 Give us this day our daily bread. 
… God ALWAYS knows our needs … every day!
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 6:9-15, 31-34 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus teaches His disciples to pray with faith in His provision for their lives.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Psalm 91:11, 145:18 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …
... But do we call on Him for our needs or do we rely upon our selves for our provision?

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Philippians 4:19 [NKJV] …
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 
… God teaches us that HE will provide ALL our needs.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … 1st Peter 5:7 [NKJV] …
7 … casting ALL your cares on HIM, because He cares for you. 
… But do I really believe it … and then live it?

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, used the compelling story of a mine rescue in 2010 to illustrate our need to rely on God for our provision. The ODB author wrote: In August 2010, the attention of the world was focused on a mine shaft near Copiapó, Chile. Thirty-three miners huddled in the dark, trapped 2,300 feet underground. They had no idea if help would ever arrive. After seventeen days of waiting [and praying], they heard drilling. Rescuers produced a small hole in the mine shaft ceiling, and that hole was followed by three more [see photo], establishing a delivery path for water, food, and medicine. The miners depended on those conduits to the surface above ground, where rescuers had the provisions they would need to survive. On day sixty-nine, rescuers pulled the last miner to safety. 

Well, … taking in all of the historical, musical, biblical, and Spirit-led insights from above, I’m duly convicted that all too often I rely WAY TOO HEAVILY on my own abilities to provide for my needs (or my family’s). But I’ll let any reader with me here today decide as to how much more we need to rely upon our “Jehovah Jireh” to be our provider.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Forgive me when I try to go it on my own to provide for my needs, when You are always there to watch over and care for me. ... Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: