Saturday, June 10, 2017

June 10, 2017 … Helping Others Find Him

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 161 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Steve Green singing … People Need the Lord … poignantly singing of the need of all Christians to help others find Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Acts 8:34 [NKJV} … 
34 So the eunuch answered Philip and said, “I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?” 
 … The Ethiopian was seeking the Savior from God’s word; and Philip helps Him find THE TRUTH and THE LORD.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Acts 8:26-40 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Philip as a Deacon in the early church, helps the Ethiopian eunuch find Christ from God’s word. 
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Matthew 28:19-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Christ’s “great commission” for all believers to share His kingdom gospel with others who are lost.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Romans 10:14 [NLT] … 
14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 
 … God, thru Paul, exhorts His disciples to share His gospel with any/all who will listen so that seekers may find and respond to His call for their salvation.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Randy Kilgore, uses an interesting word picture to illustrate our charge as Christians to help the lost find Jesus. The ODB author wrote: Waldo is the cartoonish star of “Where’s Waldo,” a now-classic best-selling children’s book series. Waldo hides himself in the crowded scenes on each page, inviting children to find where he’s hiding. Parents around the world love the moments of sweet discovery when their children’s faces signal they’ve found Waldo. They also enjoy the occasions when they’re invited to help find him. 

You know, … I’m terrible in the comic classic, “Where’s Waldo,” of locating that little guy in those confusing images (see photo). I’d really need someone to highlight where he was, as with the locator circle in the photo. If my life depended on my finding Waldo all by myself in one of those cartoons, I’d be in trouble.

And that’s sorta like where I was well over 30 years ago, when I was lost and needed help to find Jesus; but God gave me some really strong hints and sent some loving Christians to help me find Him; and as lost as I was, I finally was able to reluctantly say, “There You are, Lord,” … and my life changed forever.

As Steve Green sings (linked above), in this confusing world, people need help to find the Lord, don’t they? He’ll most certainly make Himself evident; but we need to do all we can, today (and tomorrow), to help the lost find our wondrous “Waldo” (i.e., King Jesus). That’s our calling (see Scriptures above); and so let’s get busy helping the lost to find our Lord.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, … use me as a guide to help others find You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: