Saturday, June 17, 2017

June 17, 2017 … He Hears Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 168

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the Maranatha Singers singing … He Knows My Name … poignantly singing of the reality that our God hears His children EVERY TIME we call.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 147:11 [NKJV} … 
11 The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, … in those who hope in His mercy. 
… God loves to hear the praises of those who love Him and call on His mercy.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 147:1-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist sings of how God loves to hear from those who love Him and call to Him with praise.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … 1 I love my Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, … therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. … Any born-again Christian becomes His child; and God always want to hear His kids.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … John 1:12-13 [NLT] … 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 
… Any born-again Christian becomes His child; and God always want to hear His kids.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Alyson Kieda, relates a very personal story of how much she covets the time she’s able to spend with her mother, even tho she suffers from dementia. The ODB author wrote: On the two-hour drive home from a family member’s wedding, my mom asked me for the third time what was new in my job. I once again repeated some of the details as if telling her for the first time, while wondering what might possibly make my words more memorable. My mom has Alzheimer’s, a disease that progressively destroys the memory, can adversely affect behavior, and eventually leads to the loss of speech—and more. 
I grieve because of my mom’s disease but am thankful she is still here and we can spend time together—and even converse. It thrills me that whenever I go to see her she lights up with joy and exclaims, “Alyson, what a pleasant surprise!” We enjoy each other’s company [see photo]; and even in the silences when words escape her, we commune together.  

I think we often lose sight of the reality of just how much God loves to hear from His kids, … i.e., we who are born-again in Christ. And, the word of God above, His love letter to me and all of His children, attests to the truth that He even bends down to hear me when I call out to Him. Certainly I know He loves it when He hears me praising Him, … over and over and over and over again.

But He also bends down to hear me when I come to Him in anguish, … praying … maybe in confusion or in pain (Ps. 116:1-2). That’s why you’ll find me here, EVERY MORNING, lifting my voice to my Papa, God, … because I know He’ll be there listening.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, … hear me again today as You do every day. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: