Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 13, 2017 … The Son Shines Thru the Clouds

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 164 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in images of God’s creation in a YouTube video of Gordon Mote singing his beautiful song … Don’t Let Me Miss the Glory … poignantly singing of God discovered and known through His creation.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Job 37:16 [NKJV} … 
16 Do you know how the clouds are balanced. This wondrous works of Him Who is perfect in knowledge. 
… And the Son shines thru His clouds.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Job 37:1-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Job begins to discover the wonders of God’s glory thru His creation … just as we should!! 
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : …Psalm 19:1 [NLT] … 
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. 
… We take a long look at God’s creation all around us and see the Creator.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David Roper, uses a personal story to illustrate how our God shows Himself thru His creation. The ODB author wrote: One day many years ago my boys and I were lying on our backs in the yard watching the clouds drift by. “Dad,” one asked, “why do clouds float?” “Well, son,” I began, intending to give him the benefit of my vast knowledge, but then I lapsed into silence. “I don’t know,” I admitted, “but I’ll find out for you.” 
The answer, I discovered, is that condensed moisture, descending by gravity, meets warmer temperatures rising from the land. That moisture then changes into vapor and ascends back into the air. That’s a natural explanation for the phenomenon. 
But natural explanations are not final answers. Clouds float because God in His wisdom has ordered the natural laws in such a way that they reveal the “wonders of him who has perfect knowledge” (Job 37:16). Clouds then can be thought of as a symbol—an outward and visible sign of God’s goodness and grace in creation. 

Upon reading David Roper’s story and observations above, I immediately recalled one of my favorite Christians songs, written and sung (see link above) by a blind Christian song writer/artist who’s never seen what we can see in the glory of God’s creation. And in the highlight passage above, it took Job’s horrible circumstances in life for him to be able to finally see what God had wrought in nature for Job to really discover God’s glory.

Prayerfully I can have my eyes opened and won’t have to share in Gordon’s Mote’s blindness or Job’s pain and travails to look around me and not miss the glory of my Creator.

My friends, let us all take in the glory of our Savior in what He has created for us in this world and in the circumstances of our lives to allow us to see and know Him.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … Lord, … May I never take You or Your creation for granted as I look around me today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: