Monday, June 19, 2017

June 19, 2017 … Driven and Determined!!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 170 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from a worship group singing a contemporary arrangement of the old hymn … I I Have Decided To Follow Jesus … poignantly singing of the desire, determination, and drivenness to follow Jesus … no turning back!! 



=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1st Kings 8:57-58 [NKJV} … 
57 May the Lord our God be with us, as He was with our fathers. May He not leave us nor forsake us, 58 that He may incline our hearts to Himself, to walk in all His ways, and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, which He commanded our fathers. 
… Solomon is driven to lead God’s people to follow their LORD.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1st Kings 8:54-63 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Solomon shows God’s people his dedication to His Lord.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We must trust in the Lord with ALL OUR HEARTS.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 
23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. ..."
… Jesus on what it takes to be His disciple.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … John 10:27, 14:21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  ...
… Jesus on obedience to God being the measure of our love for Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Keila Ochoa, relates a personal observation to illustrate what it’s like to be a disciple of Christ. The ODB author wrote: A few months ago I received an email inviting me to join a community of “driven people.” I decided to look up the word driven, and I learned that a driven person is someone highly motivated to succeed and who will work hard to achieve his goals. 

Author Ochoa’s OBD entry today raises the obvious question: “Whom or what do we follow?” Do we follow the world? … Do we follow the lusts of the flesh … Or … do we follow Jesus! And if we decide on Jesus, just how driven are we to follow Him?

After one takes in the song linked above, the photo, and meditates on the Scriptures provided, I don’t think I need to write anymore here, do I? We have to decide, don’t we?

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … Lord, … You are my Good Shepherd; and being one of Your flock, I’m driven to follow You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: