Thursday, June 08, 2017

June 8, 2017 … AMAZING GRACE !!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 159 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Judy Collins singing her popular version of the old hymn … Amazing Grace … poignantly singing of God’s willingness to forgive such a wretch like me.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Hebrews 8:12 [NKJV} … 
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 
… One of God’s greatest promises to repentant, born-again sinners.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Hebrews 8:6-13 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God to the NT Hebrews reminds them of His New Covenant and His forgiveness of their sins forevermore.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Jeremiah 31:34 [NLT] … 
34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” 
… God’s ultimate promise to His sinful children, fulfilled by His Son on the cross.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Ephesians 2:8-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s amazing grace … forever His willingness to give repentant sinners His saving grace.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Keila Ochoa, used a personal story to teach about God’s willingness to forget our sin. The ODB author wrote: When I look at my hands, I am reminded that I lost my wedding and engagement rings. I was multitasking as I packed for a trip, and I still have no idea where they ended up. I dreaded telling my husband about my careless mistake—worried how the news would affect him. But he responded with more compassion and care for me than concern over the rings. However, there are times when I still want to do something to earn his grace! He, on the contrary, doesn’t hold this episode against me. 

It’s one thing for a hubby to willingly forgive a wife’s error; but what God has done for me is truly UNBELIEVABLE ;… that He would forgive - and even choose to forget - my sins which nailed His son to the cross. Truly, as the most popular song in history sings (linked above). … God’s saving grace is more than remarkable; … His willingness to not only forgive a wretch like me but then to choose to forget my sinfulness … FOREVER! … AMAZING!!!

Do I sense my fellow readers here joining me in a resounding … HALLELUJAH!!!

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, … may my life reflect forgiveness and grace to others as You have extended to me, such a wretched sinner. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: