Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 18, 2017 … Abba Always There

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 169 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing their song … I Want To Be Just Like You … poignantly singing of the desire of a Christian father to be holy example for his little child.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Proverbs 20:7 [NKJV} … 
7 The righteous man walks in his integrity; … his children are blessed after him. 
… Our children are blessed when we walk in righteousness and follow the footsteps of our Abba Father.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Proverbs 20:3-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Solomon lays our - from God - what it takes to be the righteous father raising a child to be like Father God.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Exodus 34:5-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Moses declares to God’s disobedient people just Who their (our) Heavenly Father is and how we must live like Him as an example for our children.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … 
22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; … great is Your faithfulness. 
 … God, our Abba Father, our Heavenly Father, is always there to guide us when we need Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Cindy Hess Kasper, relates a personal story to illustrate what it’s like to have a father we can count on. The ODB author wrote: My father once admitted to me, “When you were growing up, I was gone a lot.” … I don’t remember that. Besides working his full-time job, he was gone some evenings to direct choir practice at church, and he occasionally traveled for a week or two with a men’s quartet. But for all the significant (and many small) moments of my life—he was there [see photo]. 

I had a dad like that; and I can recall him ALWAYS being there to root me when I played on various sports teams. And when I became a dad, I tried to do all I could to be there for our two daughters. And, … now I see them (and our sons-in-law) doing all they can to be there for our grandkids.

I guess it’s like Phillips, Craig, and Dean sing in the linked song. In our God, on this Father's Day, we have the “bestest” Father of them all! And as parents, if we are so blessed, we need to do all we can to imitate and be like our Abba Father. Because He is ever faithful (see Lam. 3:22-23); and so must we be for our kids, just as Solomon declared in today’s highlight passage.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … Lord, … I want to be just like You! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: