Saturday, June 03, 2017

June 3, 2017 … Love Builds Bridges

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 154 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Naomi and Wynonna Judd singing … Love Can Build A Bridge … poignantly singing of the the only thing that build a bridge between distrust in our hearts … and that is the love of God.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 13:34-35 [NKJV} … 
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”… 
… Obedience to Jesus love law to His disciples is the only way mankind will every be able to build a bridge to span human distrust.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 13:31-35 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus declares His eternal panacea for human distrust … i.e., His love!
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 20:6 [NKJV] … 
6 Most men will proclaim each his own goodness. But who can find a faithful man? 
… Unfortunately all too true of must human relationships; … however, God’s love is the only remedy to cure human distrust.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … John 3:16 [NKJV] … 
... Surely I don’t have to provide this truth, do I?!! 
… You, very likely, know just how powerful God’s love is, don’t you?

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Monica Brands, uses a personal observation about human relationships in teaching how God’s love breaks thru human distrust. The ODB author wrote: “I just can’t trust anyone,” my friend said through tears. “Every time I do, they hurt me.”  Her story angered me—an ex-boyfriend, whom she really thought she could trust, had started spreading rumors about her as soon as they broke up.  Struggling to trust again after a pain-filled childhood, this betrayal seemed just one more confirmation that people could not be trusted. … Her story was painfully familiar, reminding me of moments of unexpected betrayal in my own life. In fact, Scripture is very candid about human nature. In Proverbs 20:6, the author voices the same lament as my friend, forever memorializing the pain of betrayal.  

Unfortunately this author’s observations about broken trust probably strikes a chord in many - if not most - of us. We likely can remember a time when we trusted someone - even someone we loved dearly - who breached that trust/love with a lie or lack of integrity/fidelity.

But there is one - and really only one - force which, as the Judds sing in the inked song, builds - or rebuilds - a bridge of love between those who’ve experienced broken trust; and that is God’s love. 

Jesus expressed it in His love command [see highlight passages], given to His Disciples the night before He would show the ultimate in love/trust on the cross. And that is the only viable bridge that we can use to span the chasm of distrust in our human relationships, … i.e., using HIS love to build the bridge to trusting togetherness.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, … use me - even today - to help build a build a bridge of love between any where trust has been broken down. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: