Thursday, December 14, 2017

December 14, 2017 … Here I Am … Send Me!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 348 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … You Are For Me … poignantly and powerfully singing of the reality that our Lord will always be there for us … no matter what we face in life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Joshua 10b-11 [NLT] … 10 … Today I am eighty-five years old.  11 I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then. 
… Caleb knew that His God would be with him for the remainder of his life; and so he knew that he could serve his Lord.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Joshua 14:7-15 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Caleb, at 85, still knew that he could serve His Lord.
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 6:8 [NLT] … 8 Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” … I said, “Here I am. Send me.”. 
 … The question is how we will answer God’s call to serve Him.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:11-13 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… No matter what the circumstances in life, our Lord is always there to give us the strength to serve Him.

Reference Passage : … 2nd Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] … 9 Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
 …Jesus reminded Paul that God’s strength would always be there to cover his (our) weakness.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5b [NLT] … 5  … “ I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” [from Deut. 31:6] 
…We can ALWAYS rely on God to be there for us and with us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Linda Washington, used a story about God’s servant, Caleb, who, at 85 still had the faith to take on whatever God would lay before him. The ODB author wrote: As I’ve grown older, I’ve noticed more joint pain, especially when cold weather hits. Some days, I feel less like a conqueror and more like someone conquered by the challenges of becoming a senior citizen. 
That’s why my hero is an older man named Caleb—the former spy sent by Moses to scout out Canaan, the Promised Land (Num. 13–14). 

As I write this, just last week I turned 74; and there are times I identify with what the ODB author writes about feeling my age and weakness. But, like Caleb in the highlight passage and in today’s ODB entry, I’m reminded that no matter how creaky these old bones are, I can stand up (as in the photo) and realize that I serve a God that is so big and so willing to give me the strength to cover my weaknesses [see the reference scriptures above].

As Kari Jobe sings in the linked song, my God is with me! And in Him and for Him, I can know that (as in Heb. 13:5) my God will NEVER leave me or forsake me. But with Him, “I can do all things through Christ, Who gives me the strength.”

So, no matter what we face today, let’s go out there, and serve our Lord just as Caleb knew he could.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … O Lord, just as Isaiah declared to You, I declare, … “Here I am, … send me!” … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: