Wednesday, December 06, 2017

December 6, 2017 … Even If ???

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 340 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Mercy Me singing their personal song … Even If … poignantly singing of how we can trust in a God Who never changes and will always be there with His grace to cover our weakness of faith.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Daniel 3:17-18 [NLT] … 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But EVEN IF he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” 
… Faith shown by three young boys in the face of life-threatening danger.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Daniel 3:15-25 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had an “even if” faith in their God …
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 
… No matter what, … we can trust in God to lead us thru life.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 10  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 
… We can trust our God … no matter what!!

Reference Passage [NLT] : … 2nd Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] … 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
… In spite of horrible pain, Paul realized that His Savior would be there for him … ALWAYS!!

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Hebrews 13:5, 8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 
… We can trust in God, no matter what; because God never changes.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, teaches about trusting in God with the story of Shadrach, Mesach, and Abednego, who trusted their God even at the threat of their life. The ODB author wrote: Due to an injury that occurred in 1992, I suffer from chronic pain in my upper back, shoulders, and neck. During the most excruciating and disheartening moments, it’s not always easy to trust or praise the Lord. But when my situation feels unbearable, God’s constant presence comforts me. He strengthens me and reassures me of His unchanging goodness, limitless power, and sustaining grace. And when I’m tempted to doubt my Lord, I’m encouraged by the determined faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. They worshiped God and trusted He was with them, even when their situation seemed hopeless. 

Today, I pray that all who read here have taken the time to hear Mercy Me sing of their hope and trust in God … EVEN IF … He seems far away, … EVEN IF … pain is great in our lives, … and yes, EVEN IF it our Lord doesn’t seem to care.

Jesus never changes (see Heb. 13:5, 8)! But EVEN IF our prayers seem to be bouncing off the ceiling, our Lord is there; and He cares. And as with Shadrach, Mesach, and Abednego in Daniel 3, our God will carry us thru the fires of life; … OR … He’ll be there to see us in Heaven if the fires of life consume us.

We believe and serve a God Who never changes; and He can be trusted yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … You’re there for me today … and tomorrow … and forever!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: