Friday, December 29, 2017

December 29, 2017 … Seeing God in Creation

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 363 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with glorious images from Gordon Mote, blind Christian artist, singing his song … Don’t Let Me Miss The Glory … lovingly and poignantly declaring the truth of our ability to see God’s glory in His creation.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 104:24 [NLT] … 24  O Lord, what a variety of things you have made! In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your creatures. 
… Look around and see the glory created by God
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 104:24-35 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist declares the glory and wonder He sees created by God in all of His creation. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 19:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
... King David declares the glories of God are so obvious in His creation. All one has to do is look around to see the glory of God.

Reference Passage : … Romans 1:19-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
... Really mankind cannot deny God’s existence because of His creation.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 11:6 [NLT] … 6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. 
 … We cannot come into a relationship with God unless we believe He exists; and all one has to do to have this belief is to look around at creation. So we have no excuse when it comes to knowing God exists.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Keila Ochoa, illustrated the glory and grandeur of our God by looking at a simple hummingbird The ODB author wrote: The hummingbird gets its English name from the hum made by its rapidly beating wings. In other languages, it is known as the “flower-kisser” (Portuguese) or “flying jewels” (Spanish). One of my favorite names for this bird is biulu, “what remains in the eye” (Mexican Zapotec). In other words, once you see a hummingbird, you’ll never forget it. 

For years, after my college years, when I tried to deny the existence of God, thinking of myself as an “atheist,” the one thing I could not deny, when believers would argue the reality of God, was the wonder of creation all around me. I just couldn’t say with any confidence that all the glory I saw around me happened by accident or some random set of biological circumstances.

And seeing a hummingbird fly, as the ODB author writes, and the attached photo, is really enough to see God’s glory, isn’t it? And for us, as Christians, it’s certainly enough to have eternal confidence that our God exists. Wow, think of it! A hummingbird flies and probes a flower with it’s wings propelling the little bird at 100-200 times per second. That kind of intricate aeronautic design simply could not have happened by some random collection of cells in the cosmos.

So, as the scriptures above declare, we can have confidence that our God exists; and in seeing His creation, we can have confidence that such a God could - and did - create me with my desire to know Him more everyday by getting to know the One Who created it all, … my Savior, King Jesus. And in that, I desire to seek out my God everyday, not wanting to miss His glory … just as Gordon Mote sings in his powerful song, linked above.

Take in the song; and then, … look around with me today and take in God’s glory.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: Oh Lord, I’m so thankful that You do a glorious show-n-tell everyday as I see Your handiwork thru Your creation.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Don’t let me miss Your glory today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: