Tuesday, December 05, 2017

December 5, 2017 … Real-Deal Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 339 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Scott Underwood singing … This Is Love … poignantly singing of how God showed us the essence of His love for us when He sent His Son to die for our sins.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 John 4:9-10 [NLT] … 9 God showed how much he loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. 10 This is real love — not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. 
… God showed the heart of real love in His Son Jesus and how he lived and died to save us. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1 John 4:7-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Apostle so loved by Jesus teaches on the essence of “real-deal” love, … as modeled for us by our Lord.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … John 3:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  
… And this, dear ones, is REAL-DEAL love!!

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Romans 3:23, 5:8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 
… God, thru Paul, shows us that none of us deserve Christ’s redemption; but He gave His love to us anyway … by saving us with His Son.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Philippians 2:6-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 
… And this is how much God loved us … that He would set aside His glory to become a man and die for us on the cross. That, my friends, is love!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Alyson Kieda, uses a personal story  to illustrate just how much God loves His children (that's us!!). The ODB author wrote: When my sister Maysel was little, she would sing a familiar song in her own way: “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells Maysel.” This irritated me to no end! As one of her older, “wiser” sisters, I knew the words were “me so,” not “Maysel.” Yet she persisted in singing it her way. 
Now I think my sister had it right all along. The Bible does indeed tell Maysel, and all of us, that Jesus loves us. 

Today, as I do every morning I came here to my special quiet-place and I prayed that God would be here with me, … as, of course, I know He is. And as I do each morning I begin my quiet time with prayer, … beginning by asking my Lord to give me something special from His word, … something that I could share with others in my daily journaling. And as He does, … unfailingly, … EVERY day, … He touched me and gave me a word of love, an eternal hug, if you will, … a hug which I share with you now, just as the Apostles shared with us in God’s NT truth [see those love notes above]. 

And as Scott Underwood so touchingly sings in the linked song today, This IS Love, … the real-deal love of a Father Who loved us enough, even tho we were rebellious sinners, like myself, … to die for us and save us from our sins. And I know that if you take in the song and meditate on the Scriptures above, you’ll get a real-deal hug from our Savior as well.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Thank You, Lord, … I felt Your hug today! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: