Wednesday, December 27, 2017

December 27, 2017 … Thank You, Lord!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 361 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from the group Hillsong singing Dennis Jernigan’s classic … Thank You Lord … powerfully declaring thanks to God in worship for all our Lord has done and will do in our lives. … AND ON TO THIS LINK to hear Don Moen singing his song of thanks as well!! … Say it with him! … ”Thank You, Lord!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 117:1 [NLT] … 1  Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise Him, all you people of the earth. 
… Every day we should lift our praise and thanks to our Lord.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 117 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Short and sweet … but powerful thanks and praise in the shortest of all Psalms.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105 [NLT] … 105  Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 
… Thank you, Lord, for shining Your light on my path thru Your word.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [NLT] … 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.
… Thank you, Lord, for working out all things in our lives for our good.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:19 [NLT] … 19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. 
… Thank you, Lord, for Your provision of all that I need.

Reference Passage : … 1 Thessalonians 5:18 [NLT] … 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 
… Thank you, Lord, for just everything!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Poh Fang Chia, proposed a devotional idea which I’m going to implement in 2018. Perhaps you might consider the same strategy to enhance your devotional life. The ODB author wrote: When I was a new believer in Jesus, a spiritual mentor encouraged me to keep a thanks journal. It was a little booklet I carried with me everywhere I went. Sometimes I would record a thanksgiving right away. Other times, I would pen it at the end of the week during a time of reflection. 
Taking note of praise items is a good habit—one I’m considering re-establishing in my life. It would help me to be mindful of God’s presence and grateful for His provision and care. 

Wow! … What a great idea; … journaling our thankfulness to God!!

Journaling, as evidenced by this daily devotional blog which I’ve published here for years, has always been a way of focusing my attention on God’s word and where He leads me by His truth. But the ODB’s challenge today to journal our thankfulness convicts me to add that focus to my daily blogging discipline.

Really, if any reader here uses the the two linked songs, and the Scriptures provided above, perhaps you too will desire to add journaling your thanks to God to your faith disciplines in 2018. I’ll leave that up to you and God’s Spirit today and into the New Year. But you can watch for the additions of a journal of thankfulness to my blogging in 2018.

Actually, I just realized that if you look above after each “Reference Passage,” I’ve already begun to journal my thanks to God today. But each day, from now on, I will add my recognition, praise, and thanks to my Lord just before my daily prayer [as below].

My THANKFULNESS: : Thank You, Lord, during this Advent Season, for coming to save us.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Thank You, Lord, for just being You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: