Friday, May 11, 2018

May 11, 2018 … Peace, Peace …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 130 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Don Moen singing the old hymn … Wonderful Peace … Poignantly singing of the peace God promises in His word for the trials, worries, and doubts of life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 3:5 [NLT] … 5  I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me. 
… King David, under the threat of death, found peace in trusting his God. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 3 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… King David, being pursued by his son, Absalom, rests in the peace of knowing God
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] … 3  You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! 
…The secret to dealing with challenging circumstances is to keep our focus on Jesus.

Reference Passage : … John 14:26-27, 16:33 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus promises His peace with His gift of the Holy Spirit when we have enough faith to make Jesus our Lord.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul, in dire pain, realized that God’s grace/power would ALWAYS be sufficient to cover his weakness.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 
… And this remains our command of discipleship from our Savior.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, used a personal story of dealing with weakness and personal weakness. … The ODB author wrote: As I continue trusting God through my struggles with chronic pain, even the simplest setback can feel like a fierce enemy attacker. Problem One jabs me from the right. Problem Two shoves me from behind. Problem Three punches me square in the nose. During these times, when my strength wanes and immediate relief evades me, running and hiding can seem like a good idea. But since I can’t escape my pain, change my circumstances, or ignore my emotions, I’m learning slowly to rely on God to carry me through. 

Anyone reading with me here ever “been there,” … i.e., when personal pain or emotional stress is robbing us of peace. Maybe you’re there now. Well, tho God doesn’t promise us to walk peacefully thru a rose garden everyday. In fact, if you go to John 14:27 and 16:33, He promises His disciples (and that’s you and me too) that we will encounter peace-robbing trials. However, He proclaims that in Him we still can have peace.

But God, thru Paul, gives Christians the Lord’s antidote for worry/stress; and that is Spirit-instilled prayer (see Phil. 4:6-7). I pray - and I will below - that we all have found that prescription for peace and we take it on a regular basis when we’re worried or oppressed.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your empowering grace which gives me Your peace when I struggle.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Lord, continue to bless Your children with Your peace when we struggle with doubt and even depression. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: