Wednesday, May 30, 2018

May 30, 2018 … Abba, … No words!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 149 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of sing and lyrics from a worship group singing … Abba Father Let Me Be … poignantly singing how we, as Christians, can can come - anytime … anywhere … to our Loving “Papa God” … even when we don’t have the words!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 8:26 [NKJV] … 26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 
… No matter when/where we come to our Abba Father, He’s always there to hear us and even to pray, thru the Spirit, for us before our Abba’s throne of grace.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 8:26-27 [NKJV] …USE THIS LINK
… It’s God’s promise that He, our Abba Father, will never forsake us … even when we don’t know what to say to him in our prayers.
=============

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Solomon, assures us that He’s always there to guard our hearts with His peace, … IF … we’re willing to bring our anxieties to Him

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5b  [NKJV]  …  5 … For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 
… It’s God’s promise that He, our Abba Father, will never forsake us … even when we don’t know what to say to him in our prayers.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, used a personal story to illustrate how often we don’t have the right words to express ourselves or we say things in the digital age of communication which are inadequate or inappropriate. The ODB author wrote: Not long ago I sent my wife, Cari, a text message using only voice prompts. I was on my way out the door to give her a ride home from work and intended to send the words, “Where would you like me to pick you up, old gal?” Cari doesn’t mind my calling her “old gal”—it’s one of the affectionate nicknames we use around the house. But my cell phone didn’t “understand” the phrase, and sent the words “old cow” instead. 
Fortunately for me, Cari immediately understood what had happened and found it funny. She later posted my text message on social media and asked, “Should I be offended?” We were both able to laugh about it. 
My wife’s loving response to my awkward words that day makes me think about God’s loving understanding of our prayers. 

I believe it’s true that our digital age is conditioning us to avoid face-to-face communications with texting [see photo], emails, and the like. And for Christians, this very well may be causing us to avoid open/honest communion with God in prayer as well. I hope that’s not the case with those who’re reading here; but I, for one, need to realize and be willing to come to our Abba Father with the prayer of the song linked above; … yes, even when I don’t have the right words (see highlight passage). 

How about let’s stop right now, … hear the song, … meditate on God’s word above, and then take a moment to go to our Abba and thank Him for His love, … and that He’s always there hearing our prayers when we need Him. And … I know our Abba will smile down on us when He hears our thankfulness.

Go, be with Him; … even if you don’t have the words. Sense His love and His presence, … knowing that you can come to our Abba Father for His love anytime … anywhere!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, … Abba Father … thank You for always being there to hear me and help me pray.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me when I come to You and don’t have the right words, knowing that You’re ALWAYS there to hear my concerns. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: