Wednesday, May 02, 2018

May 2, 2018 … A Daddy’s Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 121 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from a praise chorus singing … O How He Loves Your and Me … poignantly singing of the reality of God’s love extended to anyone who receives it by believing in God’s Son as Lord and Savior.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 John 4:16 [NLT] … 16 We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love. … God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 
… When we put our trust in a loving God, we show Him how much we love Him.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1 John 4:13-16 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… God, thru John, declares how God has implanted His Spirit in all who have received His saving grace and show (our) love for Him thru our lives.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Our trust, by following God’s will/ways is our way of showing that His Spirit - the Spirit of Abba Father’s love, lives in us.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 84:2 [NLT] … 2  I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God. 
… Do we long for the love of our Abba Father the way He has loved us?

Reference Passage : … John 3:16 [NLT] … Praying that all who read here know this one by heart! 
… God’s love for all who love Him was apparent in what He did to show His love for us by giving His Son for us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, used a story about the love of his grandchild to show how our hearts, as Christians, should long for the love of our Abba Father. … The ODB author wrote: One day my daughter was visiting with our one-year-old grandson. I was getting ready to leave the house on an errand, but as soon as I walked out of the room my grandson began to cry. It happened twice, and each time I went back and spent a moment with him. As I headed out the door the third time, his little lip began to quiver again. At that point my daughter said, “Dad, why don’t you just take him with you?” 
Any grandparent could tell you what happened next. My grandson went along for the ride, just because I love him.  
How good it is to know that the longings of our hearts for God are also met with love?

And anyone who has been fatherless or carries a father wound from past rejection or abuse will show, thru their lives, just how much they miss the love of a father - or even a grandfather - as in the ODB story.

We have a “God hole” that was deeply implanted in every heart which can only be filled by the love of God. And God so desires to fill that hole in our hearts, … even so much that He gave up His only Son that we might fill our “love-hole” with His Spirit when we come to receive His saving grace.

Do you know and abide in the love of God in your heart - EVERY MOMENT of every day? If not, I pray that any reader here will come to receive God’s love and know that we can rely on the love of our Abba Father for the rest of our lives.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for ever-filling love.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I pray all have felt Your love filling our hearts as You have so completely given it for us as our Abba Father. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: