Thursday, May 17, 2018

May 17, 2018 … Singing God’s Goodness

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 136

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from B.J. Putnam singing his song … Sing A New Song … powerfully and poignantly singing how we need to do all we can a Christians to sing of the love of Jesus. … LET THE WHOLE EARTH SING!!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 73:16-17 [NLT] … 1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! … His faithful love endures forever.
… The psalmist sings how we must give thanks to God for His goodness and faithful, forever love.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 136:1-15 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist repetitively thanks the Lord and in each verse praises God for “His faithful love (which) endures forever!”
=============

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 5:18-19 [NLT] … 18 … be filled with the Holy Spirit, 19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. 
… God, thru Paul, exhorts Christians to sing God’s praises, making the music of love in our hearts, recognizing God’s goodness.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lawrence Darmani, used personal illustration of how we, as disciples of Christ, praise Him in song about His goodness in our lives. … The ODB author wrote: Someone in our Bible-study group suggested, “Let’s write our own psalms!” Initially, some protested that they didn’t have the flair for writing, but after some encouragement everyone wrote a moving poetic song narrating how God had been working in their lives. Out of trials, protection, provision, and even pain and tears came enduring messages that gave our psalms fascinating themes. Like Psalm 136, each psalm revealed the truth that God’s love endures forever.  

The Psalmist in today’s highlight passage certainly wrote a powerful song praising God over and over and over again for his goodness and eternal love. And the Apostle Paul exhorted Christians to sing praises to our Lord while being filled by the Spirit. So, let me, having prayed that God’s Spirit would give me the words to reflect my thankfulness for God’s goodness, let me write my praises … a poem in my own words.

I’m here, Lord, 
And you’re here, Lord … 
And I’m in surrender 
To Your Spirit of truth … 
Today and all days 
As I give up self 
To praise my Savior … 
For Your love 
Which so graciously 
Covers me with 
Your Protective provision 
And leads me 
To be Yours FOREVER!!

Hallelujah! … Hallelujah!!HALLELUJAH!!!

Take a few moments and write a few words … maybe in song, poetry, or journaling, honoring God for His goodness, His mercy, His grace, and His love.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for ALWAYS being MY GOOD GOD!! 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Let me trumpet my witness of Your goodness to all Your children … ALWAYS! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: