Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 27, 2018 … Christ’s Hospitality

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 146 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  .Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from an anonymous praise group singing … We Are The Body … poignantly singing how we, as Christians, must come together as the Body of Christ to serve each other in this world.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 12:13 [NLT] … 13 When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality. 
… Serving one another with Christ’s love, we are the Body of Christ.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 12:9-18 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK
… As the Body of Christ, we must come together to serve each other with God’s love. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4:1-4 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… We become the Body of Christ when we unify to serve the needs of others.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 10:24 [NLT] … 24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 
... As Christians we are to stir up love and good works as the Body of Christ.

Reference Passage : …1 Peter 4:8-9 [NLT] … 8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. 9 Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay. 
… Showing hospitality and love for one another, as Christ’s unified Body, is reflecting Christ’s love into the world.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Peterson, used a personal story to illustrate how the Body of Christ came to help her in a time of need. The ODB author wrote: My husband left for a month-long trip, and almost immediately I was overwhelmed by the needs of my job, our house, and our children. A writing deadline loomed. The lawn mower broke. My children were on school break and bored. How would I take care of all of these things on my own?  
I soon realized I wasn’t on my own. Friends from church showed up to help. 

As a Christian, can any reader here, besides myself, identify with this story of the Body of Christ, reaching out to help us in our time of need? Do I sense a witness of “AMEN” out there? And when the Body of Christ unifies to serve the needs of others, the love of Christ is being shared in a world desperate for more of that love.

Listen to the linked song; and mediate on God’s word above, … and then, … let’s ask ourselves what can we do, especially with others in Christ, to be His Body, opening up our homes and our lives, to serve the needs of others?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for giving me all of Your love thru Your Body.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me to discern the needs of others where we, as Your Body, can come together to extend Your love and grace. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: