Friday, December 13, 2019

December 13, 2019 … He Hears !!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 347 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Gordon Mote, blindly and humbly singing … Hold Me Up … poignantly singing his prayer for God to help him in a time in need.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 6:4, 9 [ESV] ...  4  Turn, O Lord, deliver my life; save me for the sake of your steadfast love. 
… 9  The Lord has heard my plea;the Lord accepts my prayer. 
… David, who needed the Lord’s help, knew trusted that God would hear his humble prayer. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 6:4-9 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… King David humbly prays to His God for deliverance and help.
==============

Reference Passage : …Psalm 116:1-2 [ESV] … 1  I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. 2  Because He inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live. 
… The Psalmist knew that his God would always bend down to hear his needs.

Reference Passage : …Proverbs 15:29 [ESV] … 29  The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous. 
… Solomon’s confidence that God ALWAYS hears the prayers of His righteous followers.

Reference Passage : … 1 Peter 3:12 [ESV] … 12  For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. … 
… Peter knew that God watches over the lives of His children and hears our prayers when we humbly and thankfully come to Him in need.

Reference Passage : … 1 John 5:14 [ESV] … 14 And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 
… John relates his confidence/trust in a God who ALWAYS hears us when we humbly pray to Him.

  My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Patricia Raybon, uses a personal story to illustrate how God always hears our heart when we come to Him humbly and thankfully in prayer for help. … The ODB author wrote: When my husband, Dan, was diagnosed with cancer, I couldn’t find the “right” way to ask God to heal him. In my limited view, other people in the world had such serious problems—war, famine, poverty, natural disasters. Then one day, during our morning prayer time, I heard my husband humbly ask, “Dear Lord, please heal my disease.”  
It was such a simple but heartfelt plea that it reminded me to stop complicating every prayer request, because God perfectly hears our righteous cries for help. 

Dear one, … when we’re in need and we pray to our Lord, do we really believe, as did all the writers of the Scriptures above, in both the OT and the NT, that their God would attend and even bend down (see Ps. 116:1-2) to hear their prayers. And that’s the kind of confidence we need to have when we come to God’s throne of grace and humbly (and thankfully) pray for God to hear our need.

And I’m here to tell any reader who has taken in the linked song [PLEASE DO!] and meditated on the scriptures above, … we can - and I do - declare … GOD HEARS!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for hearing my prayers here this morning.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to humbly take our needs to our God Who ALWAYS hears our prayers. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: