Friday, December 27, 2019

December 27, 2019 … Following His Word 

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 361 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and song from Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans singing … I Will Follow Christ … powerfully singing of our commitment and surrender to follow Christ … NO MATTER WHAT!!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 119:105 [ESV] ...   105  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  
… The Psalmist shows us that following God's word is a light - His light - to our path in life.
 ==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 119:1, 33, 015, 133 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru a Psalmist, declares the commitment of all true believers to follow God’s word on the road of life.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:23-24 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… My prayer every morning … that God will search my heart and eliminate any selfish barriers so that I can follow HIS way on the road in life.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Solomon, exhorts believers to trust Him that He will keep our paths straight in life … and He primarily does that thru His word.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [ESV] … 21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 
… Jesus commands His disciples to follow His commandments (i.e., His word) to show our love for Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Sheridan Voysey, uses a story of a dedicated school bus driver to show how we can be misguided in our attempts to motivate others toward good works. … The ODB author wrote: At the BBC in London, Paul Arnold’s first broadcasting job was making “walking sounds” in radio dramas. While actors read from scripts during a walking scene, Paul as stage manager made corresponding sounds with his feet—careful to match his pace to the actor’s voice and spoken lines. The key challenge, he explained, was yielding to the actor in the story, “so the two of us were working together.” 

The ODB author paints an apt word picture of what it’s to do what the linked songs proclaims … to follow Christ so closely that others will see us leading them to Him. They should see (or hear) our steps in total sync with our Lord. And that’s the word picture that the Psalmist who wrote Psalm 119 wrote.

The Psalmist who wrote this acrostic poem had obviously been transformed by following God’s word and Yahweh’s promises very closely. And in this song [i.e., Ps 119], God, thru the song lyrics, calls any/all of us to follow God’s ways and His will by following His word.

And my prayer today, as we move into the New Year, is that we all surrender our way to God’s way by seeking His will daily by following His word. That’s certainly my prayer everyday when I come here, using the daily ODB entry, to let God’s word be my beacon of truth to set my path for each day. Come along; … into 2020 … and let’s follow His word together, … knowing that in doing so, we’ll be following King Jesus into glory.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for shining Your light on my path by following Your word.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to set our course in life by following His “GPS” - i.e., God’s Positioning System - by seeking out and following His word. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: