Tuesday, December 17, 2019

December 17, 2019 … YES! … He’s In Control

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 351 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect … poignantly singing of how God’s empowering grace often carries us thru situations, even when we don’t know He’s there for us.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 18:30 [ESV] ... 30  This God—His way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him. 
… God is our refuge - ALWAYS!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 18:30-36 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru the Psalmist, shows that He is ALWAYS in control and providing His empowering grace - even when we don’t see it.
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … We need to trust God - ALWAYS - even when we can’t see that He’s in control.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [ESV] … 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. 
… For any/all Christians we must recognize that ALL THINGS which occur in our lives are somehow for our good.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul learned from Jesus, as we should, that God’s grace is ALWAYS sufficient to give us His strength in ALL circumstances.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, uses a personal story to illustrate how we often receive the benefits of God’s grace and don’t even see it happening. … The ODB author wrote: I was getting into my car when the glint caught my eye: a nail, embedded in my rear tire’s sidewall. [see photo] I listened for the telltale whistle of air. Thankfully, the hole was plugged—at least for the moment. 
As I drove to a tire store, I wondered: How long has that nail been there? Days? Weeks? How long have I been protected from a threat I didn’t even know existed? … 
We can sometimes live under the illusion that we’re in control. But that nail reminded me we’re not.  

How often have we Christians been the benefit of God’s saving or empowering grace and we don’t even know it? … I”m sure way more times than we’ll ever know.  Because, as the linked song conveys to us, God’s strength and empowering grace is ALWAYS there for us, … even when we can’t see it or feel it.

So, I pray, ... remembering the truth of the reference scriptures above, … the next time we feel frustrated at a red light, when we think we need to be somewhere more quickly than we are, … that we stop and thank God for that hesitation, which may be saving us from some dire circumstance which would have happened without that red stoplight. …

God is ALWAYS in control; and PTL for it !!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for the truth of Romans 8:28 in the lives of all of us who know You are in control.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to praise You, God, for the grace which leads us thru life. … the grace which we often don’t see or appreciate. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: