Sunday, December 22, 2019

December 22, 2019 … My Heavenly Father

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 356 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of the group, Hillsong Worship, singing … Who You Say I Am … poignantly singing of how God sets us from from ourselves to be chosen Sons and Daughters of the Living God, … our Heavenly - Abba - Father.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 John 3:1 [ESV] ...  See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 
… God’s love by God, the Father, so that we can be His children.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1 John 3:1-3 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru the Apostle John, declares that anyone who is in Christ has the love of God, our Heavenly Father, … FOREVER!
==============

Reference Passage : … John 1:11-12 [ESV] … 11 He came to His own, and His own people did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God, 
… If we believe in and receive Christ as Lord, we ARE “children of God” forever.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:15 [ESV] … 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 
… As children of God, having received His Spirit by adoption of faith, we can always cry out to our “Abba Father.”

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Winn Collier, uses a story of Christians, having had bad relationships with their earthly fathers coming into reconciliation with the Heavenly - ABBA - Father. … The ODB author wrote: Recently, several people within our church—those who had experienced poor relationships with their fathers—asked me to stand in as a loving, father figure and offer a blessing over them. The blessing asked forgiveness for the ways a father can hurt his children by setting expectations that are too high or being distant or failing to offer tender presence and affirmation. It also pronounced delight, admiration, and abundant love. As I shared the blessing, I wept. I realized how I still needed to receive such words, and how much my children need them too. 

I certainly don’t know the Father-Son or Father-Daughter relationships with any reading here with me today. My wife had a rocky, distant relationship with her dad, never really knowing him all her life. I, on the other hand, had a great/close relationship with my dad. But in our relationship with Christ, we both have found an eternal relationship with our Heavenly - Abba - Father, where we know that we’ll be part of His family, as a daughter and son of God … forever!

And I pray that all with me here today can cry out earnestly and eternally to your “Abba Father,” knowing that you are truly a child of the Living God.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for bringing me into Your family as your son.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to thank our Heavenly Father for always being there as our “Daddy” … today and always. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: