Saturday, December 28, 2019

December 28, 2019 … Forgotten? … Never!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 362 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from the group Avalon singing … Orphans of God … powerfully singing of how our God never forgets ALL of His children, as there are no orphans in the family of God.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 49:15 [ESV] ...   15  “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. 
… Isaiah relays God’s promise to never forget His people, no matter what the circumstances may be. ==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 49:8-16 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru Isaiah promise God’s people (that’s you/me too!) that He will never forget them. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Solomon, exhorts believers to trust the Lord even when He may seem distant from us.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:20 [ESV] … 20 … And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 
… After Christ’s “Great Commission,” His promise to be with His born-again disciples ALWAYS!

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:38-39 [ESV] … 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
… Paul expresses the confidence we can have as true believers that NOTHING can separate us from God’s love.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] … 9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
… Jesus assures Paul (and us) that His grace is ALWAYS sufficient for us to deal with the challenges of life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Sheridan Voysey, uses a story of a dedicated school bus driver to show how we can be misguided in our attempts to motivate others toward good works. … The ODB author wrote: Egged on by my children to prove I’d endured years mastering the basics of piano, I sat down and started playing the C Major scale. Having played very little piano in nearly two decades, I was surprised I remembered! Feeling brave, I proceeded to play seven different scales by heart one right after the other. I was shocked! Years of practicing had imprinted the notes and technique so deeply in my fingers’ “memory” that they instantly knew what to do.   
There are some things that can never be forgotten. But God’s love for His children is far more deeply imprinted than any of our fading memories—in fact, God CAN’T forget them. [See photo]

And as the group Avalon sings in the linked song, there are no forgotten orphans in the family of God. So, … if any reader here knows that you are graphed into God’s family as a born-again believer, take heart! … No matter what our circumstances (see 2Cor. 12:9), God’s grace is ALWAYS sufficient, since our Lord is always there for us, … never forgetting us (see Matt. 28:20)!!

And if you feel forgotten today, or doubting your salvation, email me (at billb13@bellsouth.net ). We can settle those issues … FOREVER!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for always having us in the palm of Your hand.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to remember that God NEVER abandons a child of God. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: