Sunday, December 15, 2019

December 15, 2019 … God’s Living Water

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 349 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Big the group The Gettys singing … Living Waters … poignantly singing of how we can choose to drink from God’s living waters which we receive from God’s Spirit thru His word.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 4:13-14 [ESV] ...  3 Jesus said to her [the Samaritan woman]“Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. … “ 
… Jesus teaches the Samaritan woman about His living waters.
============== Highlight Passage [context]: John 4:4-14 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Jesus ministers to a Samaritan woman at the well of Jacob and tells her how to receive God’s living waters.
==============

Reference Passage : … Jeremiah 2:12-13 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Jeremiah, warns His people against building our own cisterns of water rather than partaking of God’s living waters.

Reference Passage : … John 7:37-39 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus teaches those who’re following Him about partaking of God’s eternal spring of living water.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [ESV] … 21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 
… Jesus teaches that we show our love toward Him by languishing in the living waters of His commands (i.e. His word).

Reference Passage : … 1 John 1:9 [ESV] … 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
… As Christ’s disciples we need to not only drink from His living waters, we need to BATHE in it as well daily.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Alyson Kieda, uses the picture of a ministry to provide pure water in Haiti to illustrate God’s living waters. … The ODB author wrote: Tom and Mark’s ministry refreshes lives. This is clear in the video they share of a group of fully clad children laughing and dancing in the refreshing water of an open shower—their first ever. The men work with indigenous churches to install water filtration systems on wells in Haiti [see photo], easing and lengthening lives as diseases connected to contaminated water are prevented. Access to clean, fresh water gives the people hope for their future. 

As readers here today may come and take in the linked song (and I hope you do!) and meditate on the Scriptures above, mostly from the Apostle John, … I pray that we all have a place where we can come, as does the little Haitian boy in the photo, and partake of God’s pure and clean LIVING waters.

And my friends, I come here, to my quiet place every morning to drink and to bathe in those waters … by taking, and yes, bathing in God’s nourishing waters of truth from His word, … so pure … so clean, … so nourishing … and so refreshing.

And as the Gettys sing in the linked song, I pray you all drink today from those same living waters; … and then we also need to languish in them during the day in prayer, confession, and obedience for the cleansing power of His truth (see 1John 1:9).

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for providing me (us) with Your eternal springs of living waters to sustain us and bathe us in Your truth daily.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to drink from and bathe in Your eternal springs of truth from Your word. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: