Sunday, December 08, 2019

December 8, 2019 … Oh So Faithful !!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 342 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ... Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Sara Groves singing … He’s Always Been Faithful … poignantly singing of how God is ALWAYS faithful.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Colossians 3:15 [ESV] ...  15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 
… God’s peace will only reign in the hearts of those who choose an attitude of gratitude. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Colossians 3:12-17 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru Paul, exhorting us (Christians) to put off our selfish human nature and putting on an attitude of gratitude to find peace in this life.
==============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 26:3 [ESV] … 3  You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. 
… The best way to acknowledge God’s providence is to trust Him … primarily by trusting his word.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [ESV] …  28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose. 
… Oh if we could only believe and be thankful for this truth; … our lives would be so much more peaceful.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul shows Christians that the avenue to God’s peace is found thru thankful prayer.

Reference Passage : … 1 Thessalonians 5:18 [ESV] … 18 … give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 
… Oh how God wants us to be thankful for His promises and His providence.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, uses the attitude of a postman in winter to illustrate how our attitude of gratitude is our key to peace. … The ODB author wrote: In my state in the US, the winters can be brutal, with sub-zero temperatures and never-ending snow. One bitterly cold day, as I shoveled snow for what seemed like the thousandth time, our postman paused in his rounds [see photo] to ask how I was doing. I told him that I disliked winter and was weary of all the heavy snow. I then commented that his job must be pretty rough during these extreme weather conditions. He responded, “Yeah, but at least I have a job. A lot of people don’t. I’m thankful to be working.” 
I have to admit that I felt quite convicted by his attitude of gratitude. How easily we can lose sight of everything we have to be thankful for when the circumstances of life become unpleasant. 

I’m sure my fellow readers will acknowledge that it’s hard at times to choose to hold onto an attitude of gratitude when we’re hard pressed in life by grueling or pressing circumstances. Oh how we’d love to be able to experience God’s peace 24/7, wouldn’t we?

The question is not whether God is faithful, as Sara Groves sings in the linked song. No, the question is, … do we believe (and trust) that God is faithful, choosing as Paul exhorted Christians in the scriptures above to continually seek connection with God thru a thankful and prayerful heart. Because only thru our thankfulness can we find peace in this world.

Today this old warrior turns 76; and I’m feeling the conviction and the need to just believe Romans 8:28, that all things in my live are for my good. So, at least right now I’m feeling so thankful for so many things in my life; and i’m so thankful for the peace I’m feeling right now.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for Your promises, which I know are true. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me AGAIN today, to choose to hold onto an attitude of gratitude today and tomorrow too. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: