Saturday, April 17, 2021

April 17, 2021 … God’s Word - My Window …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 107 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Gordon Mote singing … Don’t Let Me Miss the Glory … poignantly singing of how we Christians must seek to let the light of glory shine in our lives by seeing it in God’s creation. 


Letting in the light ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 55:6 ... 11  [ESV] ... 

“Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon Him while He is near; … 11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. 

… God commands His people, thru Isaiah, to seek Him by seeing Him in His creation and hearing Him thru His word …         

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Isaiah 55:6-13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Isaiah prophesies of a time when God’s people will seek and see the Light of Messiah.

==============             


Reference Passage: … Jeremiah 9:23-24 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  God, thru Jeremiah, commands that we - above all - see to know our Go of live and mercy.


Reference Passage: … Matthew 6:33 [ESV] … 

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 

  Jesus’ command to His followers to seek for God’s righteousness first … 


Reference Passage: … John 8:12 [ESV] …  

12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows ME will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”   

  Jesus teaches His followers and detractors that HE is the Light of the world that we should be seeking to come out of the darkness of this world. 


Reference Passage</u>: … Hebrews 1:3 [ESV] …  </b>

<i>  He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the word of His power. … </i> 

  Our God is sought and seen in His creation and His power found from His word.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Mike Wittmer, AT THIS LINK   writes of travelers in the Himalayas seeing houses with no window and learning that those home owners believed that windows might let in evil spirits at night.  However, Christian home owners in this area always wanted windows to let in the light of Christ. 


And this illustration, with the attached photo, and the truth from God’s word in the Scriptures above shows that we, who believe that our Lord is the “Light of the World,” as He says in John 8, are commanded to use God’s word as our window of truth, letting in God’s light to dispel the darkness of our feelings and the lies of this world.


That’s why you find me here, every morning, beginning my day by opening my window of truth from His word to shine into my life and allow me to seek out God’s glory by seeing what He created for me in His creation, … and seeking out where He wants to lead me today.   And every day my Lord shows off His love and mercy and grace thru His window of truth.   


And so, … I pray that we all seek His glory today thru by opening up His window of Light and Truth.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, King Jesus, … for opening up the window of Your word to let Your light shine thru.        

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me today, … to open up Your window of truth so that we might see more of Your glory today.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: